+44 161 706 1605



Central Heating Grant FAQs: What You Need to Know

Are you afraid of how much your heating expenses will be and find it difficult to raise the thermostat? Good news! Free Boiler Scheme may be able to provide a first-time central heating grant to tenants or UK homeowners.
This FAQ list answers all of your questions about Central Heating Grants UK and will tell you everything that you need to know before applying.

Is there a funding scheme for central heating, eligible for householders in Scotland?

Yes. One grant scheme that offers money for energy-efficiency improvements like insulation or heating upgrades is the UK Energy Company Obligation Scheme. Your home must not have had central heating installed previously to qualify for a first-time central heating system. You can choose to install a heat pump or a mains gas central heating system. You won’t be qualified for a complete system if your house has previously had central heating, but you may be eligible for other grants; you can find out on our website.

Read more: UK Govt’s Free Insulation Grants for Homeowners & Tenants

The main criteria for eligibility for a First Time Central Heating Grant are that the property must have gas service and no central heating. To be eligible for the first-time central heating grant, the home must be located in any part of England, Scotland, or Wales.

Who is eligible to apply for first-time central heating?

Both private renters and homeowners can apply for First Time Central Heating Grants. According to ECO Scheme regulations, tenants in properties are managed by housing associations or your local council. As well as homeowners in shared ownership houses, are not eligible for a first-time central heating system in Dundee and Cardiff.

Read more: First Time Central Heating Grant UK 2024

Would I be eligible for the Central Heating Scheme?

There are several methods for being eligible for these grants. Using our free grant checker at Eligibility Criteria is the simplest method to find out whether you qualify for free boiler grant scheme. If you get certain benefits or have a low income, you may qualify. Benefits such as the following immediately entitle you to the award without regard to your income:
– Child Tax Credit
– Employment & Support Allowance (Income Based)
– Income Support
– Housing Benefit
– Jobseekers Allowance (Income Based)
– Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
If you get any of these benefits, you can get the grant. You don’t have to be getting it right now. but you must have successfully claimed an amount above £0 for your property in the 12 months before the central heating installation in Cardiff and South Wales is finished

Read more: How Do I Get the First Time Free Central Heating Grant for Home?

Can I apply for First Time Central Heating if I don’t get one of the qualifying benefits?

Under the ECO Scheme’s ECO Flex Rules, you can still be eligible for first-time central heating grants even if you do not receive any of the applicable benefits. The main ways to qualify are:
1 Household income is under £31,000 per year
2 Vulnerable people live in the home
3 Health-related conditions that are made worse by living in a cold home
If a home meets its ECO Flex requirements, local authorities may suggest that they have a first-time central heating system.

Can I still apply if someone who lives with me receives all the qualifying benefits even if I don’t?

You are still eligible to apply for central heating grants in Newport if a permanent resident of your home receives one of the qualifying benefits. Their name will appear on the Central Heating Grants application. Your address has to be included on the letter verifying that they got a qualified benefit letter.

What is covered under First Time Central Heating?

A central heating boiler in Cardiff, radiators, plumbing, and a room thermostat are all included in the price that First Time Central Heating charges for supply and installation. The expense of renovating your house is not covered by central heating grants, although any plasterwork that is damaged during installation will be fixed. Apply now to get a New Boiler For Free With A Government Eco Boiler Grant Scheme.

Can housing association tenants get heating grants from the ECO4 Scheme?

Yes, if you’re a tenant in a Housing Association, you could qualify for a grant to get central heating for the first time. The grant is specifically for properties with an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of E, F, or G. If you’re not sure about your property’s EPC rating. You can check it on the EPC Register (for England or Wales) or the Scottish EPC Register (for Scotland). You can also use our free grant checker, as it verifies information from the EPC register.

Check Your Eligibility Now – Upgrade to Central Heating!

We request you to find out if you qualify for a central heating system if you believe it might be the best option for you and your home. Since the regulations are subject to change at any time, we advise applying as soon as possible. The application procedure is simple and quick.
All the necessary questions are included in our form so you can quickly determine your eligibility.

Scroll to Top